Tuesday 15 August 2017

RIP Holly

Today was tough, as always we feed Holly and Loki before bedtime in the utility where they have a nice warm basket and their own personal door to come, go and play in the dark of the night.  Friday was no different, only it was.  It would be the last time I saw Holly.  She's normally a dirty stop out unlike her brother so it wasn't really out of the ordinary for her to not be in utility so I got on with my day refusing to answer the greedy meows from her brother, I looked at him and told him as usual he had to wait for his sister.  By mid morning Holly wasn't back so my husband fed Loki.  As the day went by my concerns grew, my youngest son went on a walkabout but found nothing.  I consoled myself that she must still be alive because no body was found by the roads.  I'd convinced myself she must be up to mischief and wandered a little too far, she was a bugger for terrorizing the local wildlife.  So Sunday came and went but Holly didn't.  Before bed I made a note of the local vet numbers and placed them by the telephone as my first job of the day.

I rang the vets she is... was, registered with.  I gave a description and the receptionist asked me if she was wearing a collar.  I said yes it was a red one with her magnetic catflap key on it.  That's when it went quiet, well at least it felt like it when she said the words... I'm so sorry we have a cat of that description here, she was bought in on Saturday after being killed by a car.  

Both myself and my husband walked down and were shown her collar and at that moment my hope was gone replaced by tears.  We haven't had Holly and Loki long, they were five months old when they bounced into our lives at Christmas from a cat shelter but pets have a habit of snuggling into your heart, don't they? 

She was a beautiful cat as seen in the photo opposite, oh she could be a little monster at times, my utility has often looked like a crime scene from CSI!  She also had this really silly bit of hair that stuck up like a mohican on her head, didn't matter how many times we brushed or stroked it down it would pop back up, that was her little quirk, my sweet Holly.

I'm very sorry if you popped here to see a little bit of crafting but this is my way of remembering and saying goodbye to my furry friend.  

Sleep tight Holly, we loved your soft and loving company xxx 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Claire, I'm so very sad to read about your loss of sweet Holly. She looks to have been such a lovely girl and you must be devastated. The one little thing to be comforted by is that she was taken into the vet's after being killed by the car so at least you do know what happened.

    Sending you an extra big hug!

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, Claire, how sorry I am to hear this. She really looks like a mischievous darling, love that hair! My heart and thoughts are with you. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x